SEO verses PPC

Discussion in 'General Advertising Tips' started by Big Mike, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Big Mike New Member

What do you think is worth your time, SEO or PPC? I think you need both, PPC for the short run but do SEO because in the long run you will want your sites up there if you no longer want to do PPC.
  2. Guest New Member

Unless you got a lot of money to spend, ppc should never be a permanent strategy. It will serve a great purpose of bringing in clients at the beginning, but eventually if your SEO is good and people like your product enough, then search engines and recommendations will bring in more clients than PPC. At least that's my opinion.
  3. Big Mike New Member

Yeah totally agreed. PPC will get very expensive. There are other ways to bring in traffic initially, such as seeking joint ventures. If you have a product you are selling for instance, there are plenty who are happy to blast it to their large lists. Etc.
  4. Katie New Member

I would say both, but I would learn more towards SEO. I only say that because SEO is something that I can teach myself how to do, and if need be...outsource it for cheap!
    Mashuk 1 likes this.
  5. Sarah Jenkins New Member

Yep it can be cheap to outsource, lots of good folks on sites like Fiverr can do it. Look at their ratings first though.
    Mashuk 1 likes this.
  6. Sheena Member

SEO methods are not permanent. I heard that Google devalued a lot of links (blog comments, spammy comments even BMR). I'll go with PPC.
  7. Sarah Jenkins New Member

You need to keep up with the changes that are happening, SEO will always be effective if done right and if adjusted accordingly.
  8. Sheena Member

@Sarah yes for some reasons you have to do the Google dance. :p
  9. Sheena Member

Any updates for this topic?
  10. Mashuk 1 Member

PPC is no way near SEO.
  11. Mashuk 1 Member

Why the google dance ? o_O ?
  12. Mashuk 1 Member

I agree with you .
  13. Mashuk 1 Member

SEO is a permanent method. just it gets up to date.
    PPC is not freelancing .
  14. Mashuk 1 Member

I'll definitely go with SEO.
  15. Lady Blogger Member

SEO has a lot of methods but not sure if they are all working or not.
  16. Lady Blogger Member

PPC is simple and sure, but you have to pay for it unlike SEO where you can do it for FREE.